This seminar will explore the basic concepts of WiFi technology. The evolution of WiFi will be presented detailing modulation types, versions, and frequency allocation in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. Various vulnerabilities and exploits will be discussed and examples given. The seminar will conclude with how to mitigate the risk associated with WiFi to better protect communication.
The seminar will last approximately 1-2 hours and cover the following topics:
- WiFi version history
- WiFi characteristics and frequency allocation
- WiFi modulation types
- Identifing WiFi with a spectrum analyzer
- Exploits against a WiFi network
- Exploits against a WiFi device
- Types of WiFi Security (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.)
WiFi Security Best Practices
We encourage you to engage Instructors throughout the seminar for a more interactive experience.
Seminar Dates: Oct 21 | Feb 24 | Jun 16
Note: This Zoom seminar begins at 10 a.m. CST, lasting approximately 1 hour. Q&A to follow.