What is the course format?
Each training course includes classroom and hands-on exercises. Dress is casual. Training begins at 8:30 a.m. CST and typically ends at 4:30 p.m. each day. Most REI training courses are taught in English. It is required that attendees have a general proficiency in English (with exception of Spanish courses).
When is my training course reservation confirmed?
A training reservation is only “confirmed” when you receive a “Training Confirmation Email” from the Training Coordinator.
What is included in the course fee?
In addition to the training itself, a course manual is provided as well as a certificate upon successful course completion. Lunches are provided each day for training courses held at REI (allergies/diet restrictions can be provided in the course registration form) along with beverages throughout the day.
Do I need to bring anything with me?
Students are not required to bring any supplies. Students are provided materials for note-taking and REI equipment will be provided for training purposes. Students can bring their own equipment to use during exercises or to be evaluated by REI technicians while in training.
What is the cancellation/refund policy?
Refunds are issued if REI is notified of your cancellation at least two (2) weeks prior to the beginning of the course. Fifty percent (50%) of the course fee will be assessed if a reservation is cancelled less than two (2) weeks prior to course date. View the full on-site and off-site training refund/cancellation policies.
How do I get to REI’s Training Center?
REI is located at 455 Security Drive in Cookeville, Tennessee, U.S.A., about 80 miles from Nashville (BNA) airport. Car rental is available at the airport and is recommended for local transportation. Public transportation in the Cookeville area is limited. Alternatively, there are shuttle services from BNA airport to Cookeville; however this must be booked in advance:
Upper Cumberland Shuttle Service
Phone: +1 931 447 8277
I'd like to fly home on the last day of training. When will we dismiss?
We do not recommend booking a flight before 6:00 p.m. on the last day of training.
Is on-location training available?
Custom training is available on a case-by-case basis for customers who cannot travel to Tennessee or who would like a specialized curriculum. Click here to request a quote for custom training.
What lodging options are available?
REI has negotiated rates with the following hotels in Cookeville (request the REI guest rate when making reservations):
- Holiday Inn Cookeville – standard room $99/night + tax. Corporate ID: 786845560
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Cookeville – suite $99/night + tax
- Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott – standard room $94/night + tax; suite $124/night + tax
- TownePlace Suites Cookeville – standard room $99/night + tax; suite $119/night + tax
- Country Inn & Suites – standard room $85/night + tax; junior suite $95/night + tax; suite $105/night + tax. Corporate ID: 25234
- La Quinta Inns & Suites – standard room $80/night + tax; extended stay $85/night +tax
- Comfort Inn & Suites – standard room $89/night + tax; suite $89/night + tax
- Comfort Suites – standard room (all suites) $92/night + tax
- Hampton Inn & Suites – King or Queen $109.00/night+ tax Corporate ID: 3104378
Rates are subject to change without our knowledge. Click here for a map of all Cookeville hotels.
How do I obtain an invitation letter for an International Visa application?
If you need an invitation letter from REI for an International Visa application, please Contact Us. Include the complete name of the trainee and REI can supply you with an invitation letter.