- Primary Computer: 32bit RISC processor, 520MHz
- Internal Memory: 64MB SDRAM (OS), 64MB Flash
- External Memory: Compact Flash to 2GB
- USB Device (A type) supports external keyboard, mouse, and USB Mass Storage devices
- Network: 10/100 Ethernet Controller (for future usability)
- USB Host (B type, for future usability)
- Headphone Output: 3.5mm Mono connector
- Microphone Input: 3.5mm Mono input
- Hard Keys: 6 Soft Menu Keys, 5 Button Quadrant Navigation & other dedicated keys
- Encoder: High-Resolution Optical Encoder
- Integrated Touch Screen with Stylus
- Test Inputs:
- Dual MOD8: Supports 2, 4, 6, & 8 wire Modular Phone Jacks
- Banana Type: Standard sleeved sockets: Ring, Tip, and Earth
- SMB RF Input: RF/Antenna Connection to 8 GHz Broadband Detector
- Expansion Port: Supports communication & measurement for use with future accessories
- Spectrum Analyzer:
- Dual Conversion, Super-Heterodyne Receiver
- Frequency Range: 30kHz to 85MHz
- Sweep Time: 2 Seconds
- Step Size: 1kHz
- Bandwidth: 18kHz
- Sensitivity: -100dBm
- Broadband Detector:
- RF SMB Input: to 8GHz
- Line Level Test: 100kHz to 600MHz
- Sensitivity: -65dBm
- Range: Quick Response Auto-Ranging, 500msec Sample Rate
- AC/DC Volts: 0 to 250V Maximum
- Resistance: 0 to 40 MegOhm
- Capacitance: 4nF to 4.2µF
- Optically Isolated, Direct Digital Control: High voltage DAC
- Modulation: Fixed voltage, or variable rate Sinewave (10Hz - 300Hz)
- Output Ceiling: ± 80V
- Audio Bandwidth: 20Hz - 20KHz
- Gain: Up to 80dB total system gain (voice band)
- AGC: Digitally Controlled Automatic Gain
- Filter: Analog Voice band filter (300Hz to 3kHz)
- External Input: 9 - 15VDC @ 3A
- Universal Power Supply: 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz
- Removable Battery: Rechargeable Lithium ion, 4-6 hours of run time
Click here for information regarding REI International Shipping Policies.
- Dimensions: 10in x 12.9in x 2.7in (25.4cm x 32.8cm x 6.9cm)
- Unit Weight with Battery: 6 lbs (2.7 kg)
- Case Dimensions: 5.4in x 14.9in x 19.5in (13.7cm x 37.8cm x 49.5cm)
- Case Weight (Including TALAN and accessories): 19 lbs (7.1 kg)
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to +50°C
TALAN Data Viewer Software
The TALAN Data Viewer Software is a separate PC application that provides the ability to organize, analyze saved test sequence data and charts for report writing. Moreover, the TALAN Data Viewer software provides the ability to compare multiple phones/targets on the same chart allowing the user to quickly identify any anomalies compared to other phones tested. TALAN Data Viewer Software is compatible with Windows 2000 or later operating systems (including Windows 7). After installing TALAN Data Viewer Software, .TAL files generated on the TALAN, can be saved to the Compact Flash Card or a USB device, and then transferred to a PC where files can then be accessed by the TALAN Data Viewer Software.
- Organize data for report writing
- Compare test results from multiple targets in the same view
- Export data and chart graphics
- Preplan test sequence targets and location files
Click here for more information about the TALAN Data Viewer Software
Click here to DOWNLOAD TALAN Data Viewer Software
Click here for a pdf containing the latest TALAN Software Release installation instructions and download link
This latest TALAN update enhances previous revisions.
TALAN Release - Apr 2012, Rev 2.01 (v. A02.01.1112091530)
• Added VoIP Analysis to Manual test tab. This provides access to the TALAN VoIP Analyzer software package.
• DMM zero-level calibration is now available on the unit.
• DMM calibration provides a more accurate compensation on older boards.
• Warning message displayed when trying to use the banana plugs for Current measurements.
• Best pair for voltage, resistance or capacitance test is selected if last test was for current on single wire.
• Different settings for analog and digital audio testing are preserved.
• Automatically mute the external speaker in RF Level test if headphones aren’t detected.
• Add additional .NGX files (digital systems) for Nortel and Avaya consoles and ESI-100 and Polycom phones.
• Define long and short names for each phone system for more accurate display.
• Updated Help files to match current code including new pictures.
• MUTE status indication is added to top of all system test screen.
• An Options Lock has been added to the Test Options screen.
• Balanced pairs information is preset and preserved in a file following power cycle.
• Balanced pairs are displayed on the Summary dashboard instead of the unsupported pair status.